Coach Derek Inc Presents
Playa Vista Adult Coed Softball League
Playa Vista Supplemental Rules:
Playa Vista League Code of Conduct for Adult Coed Softball Leagues
Playa Vista League Code of Conduct for Adult Coed Softball Leagues (PDF) is available to download.
Playa Vista Supplemental Rules are listed below.
Playa Vista Supplemental Rules (PDF) are also available to download.
Playa Vista Coed Adult Softball League
Game times: 9:30 - 10:30 -- 11:30
Fall 2012 Adult Coed Softball
Game length: 1 hour or 7 innings (whichever comes first)
Playa Vista Supplemental Rules:
1. No metal cleats
2. Three (3) women must play on the field at all times when 10 defensive players are on the infield.
RULES Addendum Nov. 2nd 2012
1. There is a (1) female minium per team (it is crazy for everyone to scramble for females so moving forward we will play with what we have)
2. No team will take an out due to only having 1 female.
3. The females rather you have 1 or 8 can hit anywhere in the line up and play anywhere on the field.
Again this is so that we can play with what we have as we continue to become more established we will move toward a more established Coed ruled league. But for now the round peg in a square hole stuff is over.
3. A team can play an official game without forfeiting with a minimum of 8 eligible players. Among those 8 players , the team must consist of either: 3 men 5 women: 5 men 3 women: 4 men 4 women. In no case can there be more than 5 males on the field at the same time.
4. Batters will begin with 1 & 1 count
5. Six (6) run max rule for innings 1-6...no max run rule for the last inning. There is no mercy rule.
6. If a man walks on 3 straight pitches without a strike, he will be awarded 2 bases and if the next batter is a female she will automatically be awarded first base.
7. Courtesy runners will be allowed - male for male and female for female. The person making the last out of the same sex will be designated as the courtesy runner. 2 courtesy runners will be allowed per inning 1-male 1-female
8. All players at home will be forced out. Runner will not touch Home Plate...they will simply cross a designated line (called the "Commitment Line" marked on the field near home plate) before the ball reaches Home Plate. The runner will be considered safe if any part of their body touches the Home Plate line or past before the defensive player touches the plate with the ball. Runners cannot be tagged at Home Plate for an out at any time. All plays at the plate will be considered a FORCE OUT. If the runner touches home plate he or she will BE OUT. THERE WILL BE NO COLLISIONS AT THE PLATE.
9. Any player crossing the "Commitment Line" on the 3rd Base Line between Home Plate and 3rd Base will not be allowed to return to 3rd base. Runners will be called out if they attempt to return to 3rd Base after crossing the "Commitment Line".
10. Any player ejected from a game will automatically be suspended for the next game. NO EXCEPTIONS!! Any physical contact with an umpire will result in an automatic ejection for that game and the reminder of the season. The player in question must request special permission, in writing from the Sports Supervisor to be reinstated for the following season.
11. All players must be at least 18 years old. If it is discovered that a minor has played on a team, they will forfeit all games that the minor has participated in.
12. Players must slide at all times.
13. The umpires will decide all rules not covered here (per 2012 SCMAF Rulebook). If a team is found to be in violation of these rules, the player in question will be ejected from the game and a one (1) game suspension will be assessed. The batted ball will be ruled an out and any base runners must return to their original position on the base paths.
14. Banned or Illegal bat issues CANNOT be protested. It is the responsibility of the team Captain to notify the officials if there is a bat in question.
15. A new inning cannot begin with 5 minutes or LESS in game time. This is to be monitored and determined by the umpire.
16. If the ball hits the NET while in fair territory ball is dead...it is a ground rule SINGLE and any base runners will advance 1 base only.
17. IF A PLAYER HITS THE BALL OVER THE NET THAT PLAYER IS EJECTED FROM THE GAME AND WILL SEVER A ONE (1) GAME SUSPENSION. IF THE SAME PLAYER HAS 2 VIOLATIONS THAT RESULT IN EJECTION THAT PLAYER WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY THE REST OF THE SEASON.
18. Rainouts will ATTEMPT to be made up on the following SATURDAY depending on field availability.
19. Each Team will pay $20.00 per game per team directly to the Umpire before the start of each game.